Choosing the best name for your business
Name development is both an art and a science. It should convey both a business's positioning and personality. In an increasingly global world, linguistic and cultural appropriateness matter more than ever. Choosing a business name is an important step in the business planning process. Not only should you pick a name that reflects your brand identity, but you also need to ensure it is properly registered and protected for the long term. You should also give a thought to whether it's web-ready. Is the domain name even available?
DIY ALWAYS TRUMPS PRE-BUILT our website
. Pre-built sheds are generally flimsy, low quality and expensive for what they are. What you gain in convenience you lose out disproportionately in quality.A pre-built shed can cost you up to $5000 while the equivalent size DIY shed will cost you in the ballpark of $2000 depending on the materials you use, but it will still outshine the pre-built shed in terms of quality. In our opinion, it’s a no-brainer, DIY trumps pre-built.
- How will your name look?
- What connotations does it evoke?
- Is it distinctive?
Register a business name
Trademark infringement can carry a high cost for your business. Before you pick your business name, use search tool of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s trademark to see if a similar name is trademarked.
5 Characteristics of Great Company Names
- Display your uniqueness. At least in the particular area where you do business.
- Stick in your customers’ minds.
- When choosing a name for your business, keep it simple. Short names are most easily remembered.
- Easy to pronounce. Make your business name one that customers can pronounce easily.
- Reflect your businesses character. Give a clue about what your business does.
Web domain name
Even if you aren't planning to establish a website immediately, you may want to do so in the future. As with your business name, you'll want your domain name to be unique and distinctive. Your company name and Internet domain name should probably be the same.
The naming process is an essential part in the development of each business idea. The name reflects what the product, service or company stands for and the core values it shows to the market.
It should be unique, interesting, meaningful and often informative to be a real successful name.
A regular naming consultancy can often be expensive and time consuming. Onbic can help you find the perfect business name which reflects the true identity of your product, service or company - at the right price.
- Tell us the basic information about your company. For example, your products, services, and business objective.
- What message you want your business name to present to customers.
- Choose the most appropriate service plan for your business needs.
- We conduct deep research on the company, the industry in general and then we brain storm to come up with inventive, experimental and general names. We try and keep the names unique.
- We then present you with a list of 3 names and discuss with you on what the name means and how the name relates to the brand. This is a good time to look at the core values and core identity.
- At the end of the project, we will give you a certificate of ownership of the business name. You will have 100% copyrights over the name.